Davis Botanical Society
Thank you for your interest in joining the Davis Botanical Society, the support organization for the UC Davis Center for Plant Diversity and Botanical Conservatory. Members enjoy the knowledge that they are directly supporting two invaluable UC Davis botanical collections that benefit all Californians. As part of your membership, you will receive our semi-annual newsletter, Lasthenia, as well as invitations to talks, field trips, and other events. Members receive a substantial discount on the price of field trips and classes.
To send us your membership contribution or other donation, print out and complete the membership form.
To check on our events see the calendar.
Members Enjoy These Benefits
- Early admission to the UC Davis Arboretum and Botanical Conservatory Fall Plant Faire, as well as invitations to the Conservatory’s special sales.
- Discounts on plants at the Plant Faire and the Conservatory plant sales.
- Field trips to local gardens, preserves, and other botanical sites.
- Workshops on plant identification and classification, herbarium specimen preparation, horticulture, and plant photography.
- Lectures presented by experts in many fields of botany. Semi-annual.
- Subscription to the semi-annual Society newsletter Lasthenia. Filled with society news and events and articles on a variety of botanical issues.
- Opportunity to support student research through our annual Student Grants Program.
Your Donations Support These Programs
- The Herbarium endowment generates income for the Center for Plant Diversity herbarium every year. This income currently funds undergraduate student help and necessary supplies. Additional income would provide funding for graduate student research assistants. Contributing to this fund is a wonderful way to support the Center for Plant Diversity Herbarium, as well as student training and botany at UC Davis. The Herbarium Endowment is maintained by the UC Davis Foundation.
- The Conservatory endowment income is used to fund staff, materials and equipment to improve the Botanical Conservatory’s ability to perform university instruction, public service, and research and conservation. Contributions to this fund provide additional permanent income to the Conservatory—a valuable University and community asset. The Conservatory Endowment is administered by the UC Regents and the Davis Botanical Society, which oversees the promotion and distribution of the fund.
- The Student Grants Program. Each year, the Davis Botanical Society awards research grants to graduate and undergraduate students at UC Davis to help defray the expenses of independent study or other research projects. The student projects are field-oriented and related to plant taxonomy or plant evolutionary biology and ecology.
Additional donations to further the programs of the Society are welcomed. If your employer has a matching gift program, your contribution may be doubled (check with your employer). Memberships and gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.